Four Seasons Hotel One Dalton Street, Boston is part of Carpenter & Company’s 61-story, $700 million tower in the Back Bay on a site between the Christian Science Plaza and the Prudential Center.
The award-winning, AAA Diamond designated Four Seasons hotel, designed by the renowned architect Henry Cobb of Pei Cobb Freed and Gary Johnson of CambridgeSeven, includes a 215-room luxury hotel occupying its lower floors and private residences above. Cobb was one of the world’s leading architects, known locally for the John Hancock Tower, and Johnson is the architect of Carpenter & Company’s Charles Hotel and Liberty Hotel. The tower is the tallest residential building in New England and the first and only building in Boston to be honored by The Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat as a best tall building worldwide in its height category. It is the #1 hotel in Boston and in MA (US News and World Report Best Hotel Rankings for 2023).
Richard L. Friedman, President and CEO of Carpenter & Company said when embarking on the tower’s development, “I view this project as an opportunity rarer than once in a lifetime. We have a simple goal – the finest design and absolute highest quality for this iconic landmark project. We aspire to build a hotel and residences of a quality never seen before in Boston and Four Seasons is absolutely the perfect brand to partner with in that regard. There is no better hotel and residential operator in the world.”
In addition to the 215 rooms and suites, the property features elegant food and dining experiences including world-renowned ZUMA, Trifecta, and One + One.
Allen Smith, former Four Seasons President and CEO said, “We are delighted to manage a second hotel in Boston; we believe the second Four Seasons will complement and enhance the fabulously successful hotel we’ve had for decades on Boylston Street overlooking the Public Garden. It is rare for us to have two hotels in one city and we only do it in the most important gateway markets.”
The First Church of Christ, Scientist selected Carpenter following a national competition and an extremely thorough community process as well as years of planning and public approvals. “We worked very hard to create a process to ensure that this would lead to a wonderful addition to the community contributing to our ongoing stewardship of the Plaza for the long term,” said Robert Herlinger, Chief Architect for the Church.
- Travel + Leisure Readers’ 10 Favorite Hotels in Boston of 2023
- US News and World Report Best Hotel Rankings for 2023 One Dalton: #1 in Boston, #1 in Massachusetts, #16 in the entire US
- 2023 AAA Five Diamond
- Forbes 2023 5 Star Hotel
- Forbes 2023 5 Star Spa
- Organic Spa Magazine Top 3 Urban Spas 2023
- Forbes 2022 5 Star Hotel
- Forbes 2022 5 Star Spa
- 2022 AAA Five Diamond Designation, One Dalton
- Condé Nast Reader’s Choice Awards – 2022
- Travel + Leisure Top Boston Hotels – 2022
- The Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat honors One Dalton as the best tall building worldwide in its height category. One Dalton is the first and only building in Boston to be named a global winner by CTBUH, an organization that developed the international standards for measuring and defining tall buildings.
- Rethinking the Future Award, One Dalton
- Boston Common Selects One Dalton as Best Hotel Spa
- LIV Design Awards, Architectural Design – City Destination, One Dalton
- LIV Design Awards, Architectural Design Hotel – Luxury, One Dalton
- Boston Magazine Best of Boston 2021 (Best Massage)
- Boston Magazine Best of Boston (Best Spa)
- ENERGY & ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN (LEED) SILVER CERTIFICATION
- Boston Magazine Top New Bars- Trifecta, 2022
- OpenTable Diners’ Choice 2023 – One + One
- Boston Business Journal 2015 Deal of the Year Award – Residential, One Dalton